Representation for Victims of Negligence in Duval and St. Johns Counties
If you suffer an injury, no matter how severe it is, your life will likely change. According to the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration, there were over 144,000 non-fatal injury hospitalizations in the state in 2019. Whether you are forced to take a couple of days off work or can’t work for months while you recover, your day-to-day life may be altered for a long time.
The party who is at fault for your injury should be held responsible for the negative impacts on your life. When an injury occurs due to negligence or an accident, it’s important that you find an attorney whom you can trust to advocate for your needs. With years of experience as personal injury attorneys in Jacksonville, FL, we can help you file your claim and pursue the financial compensation you need for your injuries, property damage, and any additional pain and suffering you’ve been forced to endure.
Understanding the Factors that Affect Your Personal Injury Compensation
When pursuing a personal injury claim, it's important to understand the various factors that can impact the compensation you may receive. At Glober + Glober, Attorneys, P.A., our experienced lawyers are dedicated to helping you maximize your compensation by considering the following:
- Extent of injuries: The severity and long-term effects of your injuries play a significant role in determining the compensation you may be entitled to. This includes medical expenses, ongoing treatment costs, and potential loss of earning capacity.
- Liability: Establishing who is at fault for your injuries is crucial in determining the amount of compensation you can recover. Our skilled attorneys will thoroughly investigate your case, gather evidence, and build a strong argument to hold the responsible party accountable.
- Insurance coverage: Understanding the insurance policies involved, including the at-fault party's liability coverage and your own underinsured/uninsured motorist coverage, can impact the available compensation for your claim.
- Negotiation skills: Our attorneys have over 30 years of trial experience and are skilled negotiators. We will fight for your rights and aggressively pursue the maximum compensation possible through negotiation, mediation, or litigation if necessary.
- Non-economic damages: In addition to medical expenses and lost wages, you may be entitled to compensation for pain and suffering, emotional distress, and loss of enjoyment of life. Our attorneys will ensure that all relevant damages are considered in your case.
At Glober + Glober, Attorneys, P.A., we understand that every personal injury case is unique. We will work closely with you, providing personalized attention and guidance, to build a strong case and pursue the compensation you deserve.
Maximize Your Compensation with an Experienced Personal Injury Lawyer
When you've been injured due to someone else's negligence, it's crucial to have a skilled personal injury lawyer on your side to ensure you receive the maximum compensation you deserve. At Glober + Glober, Attorneys, P.A., our team of dedicated lawyers in Jacksonville Beach, FL has extensive experience in handling personal injury claims and fighting for the rights of our clients.
By choosing our firm to represent you, you can expect:
- Thorough investigation and gathering of evidence to build a strong case
- Strategic negotiation with insurance companies to reach a fair settlement
- Aggressive litigation in court if necessary to protect your rights
- Compassionate support and guidance throughout the entire legal process
- Access to a network of trusted medical professionals and experts to strengthen your case
Don't let the insurance companies take advantage of you. Put our 30+ years of trial experience to work for you and let us fight for the compensation you deserve. Contact us today to schedule a free case evaluation and take the first step towards justice and financial recovery.
Call (904) 587-4446 or reach out to Glober + Glober Attorneys, P.A. online to learn more about how we can help you with your case.
$1.2 Million Car Crash
$1.1 Million Fatal Alcohol Sale to Minor
$1.06 Million Truck Accident
“Best decision I could have made” - Brian D.
“Would recommend to anyone!” - Mimi V.
“Very Transparent” - Ryan M.
Florida’s Pure Comparative Negligence Rule
If you are found to have any level of fault for the accident, you will own some part of liability. The state of Florida applies the comparative negligence rule to all personal injury cases. This means that if you made a small mistake that contributed to the accident, any compensation you collect will be reduced to account for your level of fault.
For example, imagine you are injured in an auto accident after another driver decided to change lanes without looking and ran you off the road. However, dashcam footage shows that you were speeding at the time of the accident. The court may rule that your excessive speed contributed to the accident and assign you with 20% fault. If the court ultimately decides to award you $100,000 in compensation, that number will be reduced by 20%, or $20,000, to account for your level of fault in causing the accident. This means that you would only be eligible to collect $80,000.
Bringing a Personal Injury Claim in Florida
If you’ve suffered a personal injury, you have to prove that the defendant owed you a duty of care that they did not fulfill. You must then prove that their failure to uphold that duty of care resulted in damage to you.
PIP Coverage in Florida
Your car insurance policy should include personal injury protection (PIP) coverage. This is the coverage that will reimburse you for specific out-of-pocket expenses like medical bills and lost income, even if you were at fault for the car accident. Florida automobile policies have PIP coverage.