Slip & Fall Accidents
Put Decades of Experience in Your Corner
While slip and fall accidents are common among older adults, and can happen to anyone, it’s very important to understand that children are often victims of falling accidents. Within the U.S., and according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, playground injuries result in more than 200,000 children 14 and younger being injured each year.
- Between 1990 and 2000, 147 children died from injuries received on a playground.
- Of those who died, 56 percent were from strangulation and 20 percent were from falls onto the playground surface.
When we look at the CDC statistics on falls among older adults, we find:
- One in three adults at least 65 years old falls each year
- Among adults over 65, falls are the leading cause of injury death and the most common cause of non fatal injuries
- In 2011, almost 22,900 older adults died from an accidental fall.
If your slip and fall resulted in a severe injury, you may be facing mounting medical bills in addition to years of expensive and time-consuming physical therapy. Despite your visible and medically recorded injury, the law requires that negligence or ignorance of the property owner must be proved to confirm that your slip and fall accident on the site in question could have been avoided.
At Glober + Glober, Attorneys, P.A., we will walk you through the laws, make you aware of your rights and work towards showing how the other party could have prevented your accident.
When Do Slip and Fall Accidents Commonly Occur ?
Slip, trips, and falls occur anywhere there is too little traction between the victim’s foot and the surface upon which they are walking. Common causes of slips and falls are:
- wet or slick surfaces due to occasional spills or weather hazards
- loose rugs, mats, or other floor coverings
- uneven flooring and unexpected steps
A trip happens when the victim’s foot collides or strikes an object causing him or her to lose their balance and fall. Common causes of trips include:
- obstructed views and poor lighting
- clutter and debris on the walking surface
- wrinkled carpet or buckled flooring
- uncovered cables, wires, or ropes
- uneven walking surfaces
Both trips and slips can result in a fall causing physical damage that can be severe. At Glober + Glober, Attorneys, P.A., our first concern is your medical recovery. Our Jacksonville slip and fall lawyers work to help you evaluate your legal options, describe them to you in detail and then begin the steps necessary to protect your rights and seek lawful compensation. You don’t pay any until your case is successfully resolved. Plus our first consultation is always free of charge
Slip and Fall Attorneys Serving Northeast Florida-Jacksonville Region
Legal representation in personal injury and wrongful death cases is provided by our firm with compassion. No matter what brings you to our door, whether it's a dog bite, a slip and fall, or a car accident, we'll treat you with the utmost respect.
To find legal representation, it's vital to understand that thorough investigation, thorough research, and legal experience cannot be substituted. With more than 70 years combined litigation experience, we offer a customized approach in addition to our personalized approach.
Call today for a free consultation! represents clients throughout the Northeast Florida-Jacksonville region, including: Nassau county, Duval county, Clay county and St. Johns county
$1.2 Million Car Crash
$1.1 Million Fatal Alcohol Sale to Minor
$1.06 Million Truck Accident
“Best decision I could have made” - Brian D.
“Would recommend to anyone!” - Mimi V.
“Very Transparent” - Ryan M.