How Often Do Dog Bites Occur?
According to a report published in the Journal of the American Medical Association as reported on DogsBite.org, dog attack victims suffer over $1 billion in monetary losses annually. But that's not all:
- According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, an estimated nearly 4.5 million dog bites occur in the U.S. every year.
- According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, more than 27,000 people had to endure reconstructive surgery as a result of being bitten by a dog in 2012.
Dog Bite Laws Florida
According to Florida Statutes section 767.04 dog owners are liable for the injuries their dogs inflict on people if their dog bites another person and that person was in a public place or on private property, however this law does not apply to trespassers. Dog owners are liable even if they did not know their dog would behave aggressively. Call a Jacksonville dog bite attorney from our firm today to discuss your rights and options after suffering a dog bite.
Who's Most At Risk for a Dog Bite?
Statistically speaking some individuals are more at risk for suffering a dog bite injury than others. Most at risk are:
- Children between the ages of 5 and 9 years old
- Adult males, as females are less likely to be bitten
- People with dogs living in their homes are five times more likely to be bitten
Get Started On Your Case Today
At Glober + Glober, we know that a dog bite or attack can have a devastating effect on the victim and their family. If the bite or attack resulted in severe physical injuries, you could be facing years of reconstructive surgery, pain, and discomfort. To make matters worse, you can be sure that the lawyers on the other side will work hard to put the blame on you rather than where it belongs.
$1.2 Million Car Crash
$1.1 Million Fatal Alcohol Sale to Minor
$1.06 Million Truck Accident
“Best decision I could have made” - Brian D.
“Would recommend to anyone!” - Mimi V.
“Very Transparent” - Ryan M.